Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Beat the Rush and Turn the Sound Down Now

ESPN has unveiled its new announcing team for the Monday night football games it will begin airing in September: Mike Tirico, Joe Theismann, and Tony Kornheiser. Ugh.

I will try to reserve judgment on Tirico, although I have not been particularly impressed with his non-golf work in the past, and Kornheiser. I am a big fan of Tony and of his show, "Pardon the Interruption," but I fear that a broadcast booth will not be the best forum for him.

But Theismann? He is the absolute worst. He talks constantly and says nothing, mentioning a hundred times a game that he had dinner with this coach or met last night with that player. Blah blah blah. Check out this Theismann gem from SI football writer Paul Zimmerman. Theismann must work cheap. It's hard to believe ESPN thinks he's the best it can do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agee with your comments about MNF. Theismen is awful. I like TK but am afraid ESPN will try to turn hm into the next Dennis Miller.

The King of Prussia

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home