Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Really Stupid Stuff

This post inaugurates what I hope will become a regular feature here at FCB. Even though there is a lot of stupid stuff out there, some things and people are just really stupider than others. From time to time, I will let you know what I think warrants what I am sure will become a coveted distinction (or not). Feel free to use the comments to offer a different view, or to let me know what you think is really stupid too, even if it is this idea.

Here's is some Really Stupid Stuff:
  • The Winter X Games -- Students at colleges in cold-weather locations have been getting drunk and doing these sort of things for years. Now, apparently, allowing gravity to do what it does best is a sport, with the full ESPN treatment. Really stupid.
  • Fantasy Camps -- I nominate this one in honor of new Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, who attended a Phillies fantasy camp a few years back. I would have voted against his confirmation just for that. I just don't get it. Say you're an accountant who can't play baseball. Why do you give a major league team and some of its former players several thousand dollars for the chance to spend a week acting like an accountant who can't play baseball? Sorry, Justice Alito and other fantasy camp fans, but that is really stupid.
  • Anna Benson -- Now she wants to be a big-time poker player. I say go for it, Anna. Being a two-sport embarrassment is a rare feat indeed. Really, really stupid (and not nearly as good looking as she thinks).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of like the fantasy camp idea (It does cost too much.)but maybe the Phightin's should look into getting Judge Alito to play third base for them this year.

Bell 4 MVP

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people are "really stupider than others". Boy I would hate to have been your father and paid for your English lessons.

The King of Prussia

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear King: Some might disagree. See http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stupider

Mark/FCB

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home