Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm Sorry, So Sorry, Maybe

Charles Stimson says he's sorry -- sort of. Stimson, who was criticized by me and every other person who believes in the rule of law, now says his suggestion that law firms be shunned by their clients because of the firms' representation of prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay does not represent his "core beliefs."

I would have preferred something along the lines of "I'm sorry that I ever said something so stupid, shameful, and un-American in an attempt to prevent lawyers from providing the type of assistance that I would immediately seek if the full power of the United States government were brought against me." So whatever Stimson's "core beliefs," it is very scary that someone who would say what he did has a position in our government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home