Sunday, November 12, 2006

One Candle

This blog turns one year old on Tuesday. When it began, I said I would give this blogging thing a try and see what happens. So, what has happened?

Although FCB has not tipped any elections, ended any wars, restored any civil liberties, prevented the escalation of gun violence in Philadelphia, or made the loathsome less loathsome, it has achieved its primary purpose: giving me a corner of the Internets to say whatever I want whenever I want, thus reducing for many of my relatives and friends the social awkwardness fleeing a room so often brings.

Although I have done a little more than 200 posts of various lengths, complexity, and gravity, I wish it could have been more. But, as I have said before, life intrudes. I am confident that Year Two of the FCB Era will see more posts, in large part due to the birthday present I am giving myself: a notebook computer that will allow me to, among other things, post from the road and when Mrs. FCB is using the desktop to handle less important tasks, such as paying for food, shelter, and utilities.

Many thanks to those who have taken the time to read what I have had to say, especially to the folks who have submitted comments. A special thanks to Mrs. FCB, who has always been encouraging and supportive, remains inexplicably tolerant of my, uh, quirks, and doesn't seem to mind being referred to as "Mrs. FCB."

Thank you all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, FCB!

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for Mrs FCB role, that's why it is called love. TKOP

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep'em coming! I love reading them!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How right you are, TKOP.
-- Mrs. FCB

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home